New Zealand, May-June 2014

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I think I've got it all

Passport: check.  Socks/underwear: check (enough for 8 days, so I should only have to do laundry twice). Shirts, both long and short sleeved: check.  Pants, both long and short legged: check.  Overnight bag with medicine, toothbrush/toothpaste, razor, Gold Bond, nail clippers, and a mini sewing kit (just in case): check.  Surface/Nook/Zune (along with chargers, adapters, and earbuds): check.  Deck of playing cards: check.  Spare set of glasses: check.  Journal: check.  List of postcard recipients: check.  Writing instruments: check.  Package for SIL/birthday present for brother: check.  Wallet: check.  Cleaning wipe for glasses: check.  Bank/credit card company notified that I'll be out of country: check.  Towel (which any traveler worth their salt should always remember): check.  Printouts of my flight itineraries and hostel reservations: check.  Camera (with memory card and fully charged battery, plus spares): check.  Lock for hostel lockers: check.

I got distracted quite a few times while packing so I wouldn't be surprised if there's something I've forgotten, but I'm feeling pretty comfortable.  As with my last big trip it still doesn't feel quite real, and probably won't until I'm somewhere over the Pacific Ocean on my 13-hour leg from San Francisco to Auckland... assuming I'm even functional at that point.

There may be more posts while I'm en route, but depending on how energetic I'm feeling I may just stick to Facebook updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment